Exciting Things Are Happening at CFM
- We have a new fundamentals class coming up. This is a 2 week introductory course designed for folks who have little or no experience with CrossFit. It will begin February 13th and will run Monday’s and Thursday’s at 5:30pm, and Saturday’s at 8am. Here is the link to sign up!
- Our next 6 Week Women’s Challenge class starts March 6th. This class offers a great way for women to get started with us in a very welcoming and non-intimidating environment. The class will run Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursdays at 6PM. The cost of the class is $275 and covers the entire 6 weeks, before and after weights and measurements and a pre-made meal plan and shopping list.
- We are excited to announce that CFM has partnered with Sports Physical Therapy & Performance Center to offer Functional Movement Screens (FMS). Injury screens will consist of a 15-20 minute evaluation with our own in house Physical Therapist, Sean O’Kelley. These screens will help give recommendations regarding treatment, prevention and exercises to improve general mobility and stability and promote pain free performance, and are offered at a discounted price of $15/session. These sessions can be booked directly through our Front Desk website here.
We want to be able to be proactive in preventing injuries or other issues that can interfere with your day to day activities, instead of reacting to injuries that come up. So with these screens, we can give each of you a better idea of what issues you may develop, and help fix those before they become a problem.
In addition to these screens, Sean will be offering ASTYM therapy. If we find a condition in your Functional Movement Screen that includes soft tissue degeneration, scarring, or fibrosis, ASTYM can boost your body’s natural capacity for healing. ASTYM is “a stimulation” of the body’s healing response, which results in the remodeling/resorption of scar tissue and the regeneration of tendons.
This non-invasive therapy works fast and consistently, without meds, needles or surgery- yielding long-term results with short-term therapy, even when other treatments have failed, and can be done right here at CFM. These appointments will be $25/body group (legs, shoulders, hips, etc), and will be made directly with Sean after your FMS screen.
- The CrossFit Games open season is fast approaching. We will be performing the Open workouts as a gym on Friday’s beginning February 24th. If you can not make it Friday to do the workout, you will have the option do do it Saturday or Monday, you will just have to check with the Coach for the day to make sure it fits into the class time frame. We encourage all of our members to get signed up through the CrossFit Games website, and select CrossFit Marysville as your affiliate as well as your team. We love this time of year, because it is a chance for you all to test where your fitness is after all the work you’ve put in this last year!
- We have added a 7:30pm class to Tuesday’s now- so you have the option in the afternoons to come to any class from 2:30-7:30 Monday through Thursday, and 2:30-6:30 on Friday’s.
- Our youth weightlifting class is going great. We are seeing some amazing progress in the kids that we have, and want to make sure everyone knows that the class is open to any youth 9 or older. Right now, the class is Tuesday’s at 5:30pm and Saturday’s at 10am. Starting in March, the Tuesday class moves to Wednesday’s at 5:00pm.
- We are adding an “Open Gym” time in March. Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s from 11-1, the gym will be open for you to come in and work on whatever skills, strength and/or conditioning that you need to. We want everyone to be able to gain as much out of their membership as possible, and to be able to improve their fitness during all hours of the day. There will be coaches in the gym during that time that can assist you if you need, but they are not coaching and leading workouts.
- Lastly, we will be adding our 4th full-time coach beginning March 1st. We are extremely excited to have Lillian Dickson (Lilly) join our already amazing staff, and love the enthusiasm and passion she brings to CFM. With that, we will be able to provide 2 coaches at nearly every afternoon class so we can improve our ability to have eyes on all of you at all times, and provide better overall coaching and feedback.