Tomorrow, July 1st, begins a big day for CrossFit Marysville. We will officially be starting a 2nd location in Everett at the former CrossFit Lombard Ave. We are extremely excited to join the community that Andy and Emily have created there, and look forward to growing our amazing community at both the Downtown location and the Lombard Ave location. There are probably a lot of questions about how the transition will work and how memberships will work, so we will try to get some of those answered here-
- What are the class times? Classes at CFM Lombard are Monday-Friday, 5:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm. Saturdays at 9am. Closed Sundays. Here’s the current schedule which is updated daily as well.
- Does my membership get me into both locations? Yes, with your membership you have access to both locations, so attend the class time and location each day that works the best for you.
- When will I be billed for my membership? Unless we have been directed by you, memberships will automatically be run on the 1st of each month. You will either receive email confirmation of your account transaction on the 1st, or you will get an email saying your membership did not go through (usually happens when one debit/credit card is cancelled and has not been updated). If that is the case, all you need to do is to click on the link in that email, and it will walk you through updating your CC info. If you need the account to be charged on a different day, please let us know and we will get that set up on the date you need. If you prefer to pay cash/check, let us know as well and we will get your auto payments turned off.
- Do you have a kids area? Yes, there is a kids room at both the Downtown and Lombard locations. We love having families at the gym and we love seeing all the kids at the gym. During class times, we require all kids remain in the kids room for safety purposes. This ensures that they are away from all the weights and moving parts of workouts and helps to maintain safety inside the gym.
- Do I need to pre-enroll in the group workout classes? Nope! Just show us to the class time that you would like to workout. When you arrive, there will be an iPad at the counter. Just enter your phone number, select the class that you are attending, and hit finish and that will sign you into that class time. This is helpful for the coaches so we know who is at the class, and helps us to learn names of our new members!
- Do I have to do a fundamentals class before starting? If you are new to CrossFit, we require that you go through 1 on 1 or small group training with our coaching staff. This will allow us to teach you the fundamental movements we use in workouts; it will allow us to show you how to scale certain movements if necessary; it will allow you to ease into the workouts and help prepare you to join the group classes. Typically it takes around 6 1-on1’s to get you ready to join the group classes. To schedule your appointment, you can stop by either location, or you can call us!
- Is there open gym? There is open gym at the Downtown location only as of now, Monday- Friday from 11-2.
- Are the workouts the same at both locations? For the most part yes. We will be adding equipment to the Lombard location in the next few months which will allow us to program the same for both locations. For now if movements pop up that can’t be done at both locations, they will be slightly modified to make it work.
- Can I do my own programming and workout on my own? This is a hard one! We want everyone to get the most out of their workouts, and to be able to grow as an athlete. We feel the best way to make that happen is to get eyes on you at all times while you are working out. Our coaches love to coach and help athletes with their movements. If you are off doing your own thing, it is very hard to get coaching and to be able to make corrections that could otherwise improve your athletic abilities. Our general desire is for each of our members to do the group classes. Once those are over and if you still want to get extra work in, then we suggest adding in some extra skill or strength work as long as it is OK’d by the coach. But the extra work must be done in conjunction with the classes, and can not interfere with the coaching or the flow of the class. If you have any further questions on this, please check with Ryan or Noah and they can help you out.
There are probably a lot more questions and unknowns about this transition. For those of you at Lombard who are current members- our goal is to help you grow as athletes, and to help grow the community as much as we can. We understand that change is difficult, but we know growth can’t happen without change. So we would ask that you keep an open mind, embrace the coaches and our philosophies and we will do the same. Thank you, we look forward to making the 2 communities into one.